Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday


So, this is my first time posting on WFMW, so I am going to start off simple.. I am stay at home mom with two young children. I rarely get to leave the house with ease and certainly have a difficult time getting anything done inside the house! So, I was struggling with the chore list and keeping up with everyday housework! I could not get anything done and felt kind of like a mess! Well, it was then that I realized that I needed a schedule. As a SAHM, we have the "luxury" of putting anything and everything off until tomorrow. If I did not feel well, I could do laundry tomorrow. If I was tired, I could do it tomorrow....Well, this was just making for unproductive days and piles of everything! So, I put a weekly calender together (printed one from a template in my Microsoft Works program) and now I am organized! I know what I have to get done and when and it makes for so much more consistency. My kids know what to expect, I know what I am looking at and it is a little bit everyday! I am no longer overwhelmed and have a clean house, clothes, etc. at the same time!!!
Look for other great tips for WFMW here at "Rocks in my Dryer".

Sidenote....Have you ever looked at the Microsoft Works templates? Wow, they have everything, children's chores list, grocery lists, coaching lists, award templates to print out, I mean everything....So cute! Check it out if you have Microsoft Works!!!!

3 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

To be honest, I've never bothered to look at the templates. I always kind thought Works was useless. Thanks for the great tip!

Oh, and as for putting things off to the next day, I totally relate! I am the worst procratinator. You should see my laundry pile, lol.

marigold said...

We have Works on the home computer. I will look tonight! Thanks!

Sisters Savings said...

Thanks titus and marigold! I just found it the other day and was pleasantly surprised! Can't wait to check out our blogs!

Meijer MealBox 3