Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summertime blues

Does anyone have the "summertime blues"? I know it is supposed to be the winter time blues but I feel so much pressure in the summer with small children to always be outside! Where we live it is pretty much hot and sunny everyday (I know, who's complaining about that..right?), but sometimes I secretly wish for a rainy day so we can stay in and just relax. Plus, how can i do laundry , dishes, etc. from outside. I often remind myself about the things in life that really count..not clean clothes or dishes, but moments in time when children are laughing and having a blast! So, I am ok then...but I am longing for fall....when the bugs are not as bad, the temperatures are cooler and everything is so beautiful! A slower pace time..this summer has been so jam packed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. Life is very short, kids grow up far too fast. Thank you for spending your time with your children. That is what is important and as a stay at home mom I do not regret for one moment not having all the stuff everyone thinks they need. I do believe you can have it all, family, career, education, just not all at the same time, which is why we live not into the 80+ years.

Meijer MealBox 3