Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friendly Friday! (a day early!)

So, I have been thinking and reflecting so much, due to this past weekends events! (In Ohio, we suffered a lot of wind damage and there of tons of people with out power still!) Just so many emotions....being prepared, not being prepared, scared, mad, sorry, happy, lucky, unfortunate....it really has been a roller-coaster. I cannot imagine how it would feel to have actually been in the hurricane...felt like we had one here, but I know it had to have been just a fraction of the real thing! My heart and prayers are with everyone who is going through things right now due to this!

Here's my "Friendly Friday" tip..(on Thursday)...
Duke energy workers (or the electric company in your area) have been working soooo hard to restore power...16 hour days, non stop! So, we think we should do something nice for them....Our vision? Baking a batch of cookies, buying a bag of candy, small bags of lunch size chips..anything.. Getting whatever "treat" we choose and handing it out to the first group of workers we come across...(Shouldn't be too hard to find some!) Imagine the smile on their faces when you hand them a treat...So they know their hard work is not unnoticed! They are fathers, brothers, sons, mothers, sisters, etc. and they deserve a pat on the back...So, we think this is a great opportunity to "pay it forward"
Please leave a note if you do..we would love to hear your story!!

4 comments:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

I think that is an awesome idea. Sure, it is frustrating to suffer life's little inconveniences at times. And, as a current evacuee, I do understand a small taste of that. But those workers are setting aside inconveniences in their own familes to restore power and order. I think treating them with a treat is a fantastic idea.

Sisters Savings said...

Thank you so much Momstoolbox! Funny thing is I have been stalking your blog and your family has been in my prayers! I read the "just serve" and wanted to reply, but it touched me on so many levels, I couldn't think of the right words! You are obviously special to be going through what you are and to be so humble about it! God bless!!

Unknown said...

I think that is great idea! We were lucky and only lost power for a few days! I know that they've been hard at work & a treat for them is a very good idea!!
I just found your blog & it looks great! I'm going to add your blog to my blogroll, and I was wondering if you could add my blog to your blog roll? Thanks!
www.tipsfromamomof3.blogspot.com

Sisters Savings said...

Mom of 3...We added you to the blog roll! Great blog! Glad you found us! We love the Cincy blogs!
Thanks again!

Meijer MealBox 3