Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Homemade pizza

So, the sale at Kroger this week has really payed out for me. The thing I think I love the best are the Pillsbury 10/$10 crusts, biscuits, etc. I had my coupons from the Pillsbury website and the weekly circulars, so I was ready to save. (I visit www.stretchingabuck.blogspot.com to find all my weekly coupons and savings. She posts them right there, you click and print!!) I purchased a variety and thought I would try the pizza crusts. They had a regular one and then a thin crust. I tried both. While I would probably never have tried these, (I like to homemake things like crust), I had the coupon making them from 30-60 cents. What did I have to lose? Well, I definitely made out....these are delicious! They are light, cook nicely, soft and moist..all the things you want your pizza dough to be! I made the kids regular pepperoni, which were delicious, so much better than the frozen variety!! Then I made some "adult" ones....recipes below..

Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
Pillsbury pizza crust
Buffalo sauce
Crumbled bleu cheese
Cut up grilled chicken from the night before

This was delicious..topped with diced tomatoes and ranch dressing!! Yum

Caprese Salad Pizza:
Pillsbury pizza crust
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Sliced Roma tomatoes
Fresh Basil (from my garden)
Fresh mozzerella

This one also, was delicious! So light and tasty! Big hits with the family!

So, do you have any homemade pizza recipes you would like to share? They are so easy to top with anything you like, after all, anything tastes good with bread!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since I still do not have a oven, cleaning accident over the holidays, I have made pizza on the grill with these crusts. I took the crust without toppings, spread it out and plopped it directly on a lightly greased grill. Let it cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, when it was done took it off and topped it. I put it back on and cooked it for about 20 minutes. I used canned pizza sauce, pepperoni, onions and mushrooms with cheese. this was delicious.

Meijer MealBox 3