Thursday, October 2, 2008

Caramel Apples!


So, I guess we are on the subject of preschool....my last post, so I thought it would be good to put a post about our class "treat". We were able to bring a treat in, on behalf of my son. It was his turn. I am sure many schools do this, taking turns, letting children "share" something with the class. Well, I toiled over this decision. I don't know why, but I could not think of what to bring? No nuts, candy, cupcakes, etc.; there goes all my ideas! Then I figured it out! Caramel apples! Healthy, not too boring, cute, seasonal, and frugal!
Well, we made them (he got to help), and they were so easy! We bought caramels with sticks in the bag. All you do is melt caramel and a few tbsp. water on the stove, dip and put on buttered wax paper. Refrigerate and that's it! I wrapped them in more wax paper with bows (to make them pretty). All in all, I think this is gonna be a great snack....so, if you are out of ideas on something similiar...maybe this is an idea you might be able to use!

No comments:

Meijer MealBox 3