Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chex Mix


I received my "Simple and Delicious" magazine today, (which I love, by the way!), and I was thumbing through it and they had recipes for Chex mix in there. Now, I have never been a fan of Chex mix, always thought it was sort of bland, but, this is not the Chex mix from the past. So, click here to see "modern day" Chex mixes. As I am sure most of you know, there have been numerous chances to get Chex for very little! These are going to be great and inexpensive at holiday parties! Have someone on your list you need to get a small gift for? This would be delicious in a mason jar, add ribbon, cute little card with the recipe and you are set! Have these at the home to hand out to holiday visitors! This would be convenient, easy and inexpensive!

This sort of brings me to my next subject. Holiday baking...... I have been getting many coupons for brown sugar, sugar, corn syrup, etc. I also have been getting some great deals on chocolate chips, etc. (Right now at Meijer, Nestle chips are on sale 2/$5. There is also a $1 off coupon...reat deal!) So, I have been purchasing a little here and there to help with the expense of my holiday cooking and baking! Start stocking up now!

1 comment:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I will certainly check out the Chex! LOL

Did you know that Rice Chex are now Glutten Free? Just a little tidbit of info lol

Have a great day!
Kristin

Meijer MealBox 3