Monday, October 13, 2008

Fire Safety


This is just a friendly reminder about a great safety tip that should be discussed in your family! While I took my child to the doctor for a routine check-up, she asked if we had a "fire-safety plan". I admitted that I did not, had never really thought about it. It is so easy and could save your life and your children's. All you need to do is sit with your spouse/significant other, and decide who would get which child and a place to meet up. Think about it, the house is on fire, time is of the essence and you have a child with you, but are at the front of the house and your sig. other is with your other child/children behind the house, you do not know they are there. You could make an irrational decision and decide to go in the home to look, etc. This alleviates confusion. Get a plan and review it, so if (and I hope it won't!) it happens, you know exactly what to do!
Now, hopefully, this will be what works for me (hopefully we will not be using our "plan" though!)

1 comment:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I do not have children, but I do live on the 5th floor of a condo building and every so often I go through the motions in my head about what to do in case of a fire. Even adults should think about this, so that it is already in place in the brain if the emergency situation should arise.

Come by my place today as I'm having a Birthday Week giveaway & WFMW post combined.
Have a fabulous day!
Kristin

Meijer MealBox 3