Monday, October 6, 2008

The Mercy of God

Hello, All- Yesterday's service was very near and dear to my heart. The pastor talked about God's mercy and how He always shows up for us even though we are so undeserving. I have personally seen God show up in my life when I needed him most. Four years ago (almost to the date) my father passed away and talk about needing God...did I ever. God gave me strength to get through it and the peace and healing to finally come to a point where I was able to make it through an entire day without breaking down in tears. Don't get me wrong...I still have my days and moments when it overcomes me..and I loose control of those emotions!!

However, were it not for God showing up and embracing me...I would have never been able to put that first smile on my face after his passing.

It is the Holy Spirit that reminds me of the great times that we had together and how blessed I was to spend 21 years with him. That is more than some people get...and I will cherish every memory. God also reminds me that I have to get past the grief in order to enjoy the people that are still here in my life. He also blessed me with a husband who's comforting arms were right there around me every time it overcame me. Again, it is not my strength that got me through it is God's strength and His mercy!! The scripture listed below was discussed in the service..and talks about not only mercy, but also judgement. Please read..and let it sink into your heart.

Titus 3:4-7

4 But the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared. 5 He saved us. It wasn't because of the good things we had done. It was because of his mercy. He saved us by washing away our sins. We were born again. The Holy Spirit gave us new life.
6 God poured out the Spirit on us freely because of what Jesus Christ our Savior has done. 7 His grace made us right with God. So now we have received the hope of eternal life as God's children.


I Timothy 1:15-16

15 Here is a saying that you can trust. It should be accepted completely. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
And I am the worst sinner of all. 16 But for that very reason, God showed me mercy. And I am the worst of sinners. He showed me mercy so that Christ Jesus could show that he is very patient. I was an example for those who would come to believe in him. Then they would receive eternal life.


James 2:13

13 Those who have not shown mercy will not receive mercy when they are judged. To show mercy is better than to judge.

No comments:

Meijer MealBox 3