Saturday, October 4, 2008

One of my favorite dinners!

This is one of my favorite dinners, to prepare and to eat! I think it may be the easiest one to make, it holds well, I can cook some before hand, etc. I love it!
These are your ingredients (above).
  • 1 package chicken
  • Iron Chef ginger orange sauce (found in the specialty section of the grocery store). This is so delicious and a "must" for this recipe. I can "jazz" it up or just use it out of the bottle!
  • Dried cranberries
  • Cashews
  • Mandarin oranges
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, diced (not pictured)
  • Here's some other things I put it occasionally: Fresh diced peppers, crushed red pepper flakes, pineapple, fresh ginger, hot sauce, soy sauce, orange marmelade.
You can mix and match as you like. I kind of change it up whenever I make it, depending on what is in the pantry. I love putting fresh peppers in, great way to get some veggies in there!

The steps are simple:
  • Saute garlic (ginger too, if you are using it) in olive oil for a few minutes
  • Add chicken (peppers would go in when chicken is almost done), saute until cooked through
  • Add sauce
  • If I am making this earlier in the day for that evening, I would only add those ingredients, then add the rest when I was reheating or about 10 minutes before serving. BUT, this is so easy, you can add whatever whenever. I do not think it can be "messed up"!
The result is a delicious, re-heatable, versatile dish! My young children eat this like crazy! They are getting chicken, veggies, nuts, fruit (cranberries), all in one meal! I serve it with rice, they eat it without, but it is so popular, I have begun making it with 2 packs of chicken so we can have leftovers too!

3 comments:

Dr. Mom said...

That looks great! I am going to try it. I love your background on your page!

Becca said...

I love yummy chicken recipes. Thanks!

Sisters Savings said...

Thanks Dr. Mom! I love your blog..Just found it recently!

Becca..no problem! I love to keep it simple!

Meijer MealBox 3