Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trader Joe's Tuesday

Trader Joe's is one of my favorite stores to shop at. If there was one closer, I would be there at least once a week. We are going to start a feature Trader Joe's Tuesdays, where will be post about new products, sales, great existing products and recipes there. I have tried a lot of items at Trader Joe's, (they have a return policy..if you aren't 100 % satisfied you return the item no questions asked) but, I have not been disappointed. What I try there is, usually, above my expectations. They have so many easy to prepare jarred sauces, heat and eat food, and the best frozen peirogies I have ever had!!!! So, I am going to post a little bit about some certain "back-to-school" items that may work in your budget and be a healthier alternative.
TJ's Mac and Cheese:
No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives and at .99 a box....a steal!
TJ's organic alphabet pasta:
No preservatives, all natural and organic. Kids will have fun with this alphabet pasta and only 1.49 a box! Can't go wrong!
TJ's applesauce cups:
Made from organic sweet apples, these are not boiled or steamed as with most applesauces. They peel the apple and then just crush them naturally. The end product....A much sweeter and fresher tasting applesauce your kids will love! For only 2.29/4 it's a "sweet" deal!

*courtesy of Trader Joe's Aug/Sept 08 newsletter

No comments:

Meijer MealBox 3