Friday, September 5, 2008

Home Grown Tomatoes

My neighbor just brought over a whole batch of homegrown tomatoes. I love the flavor home grown tomatoes give to any sort of sauce. It always seems so much fresher than even store bought, so to me, this was a real treat! Last time, I cooked pasta sauce with fresh rosemary and basil from my garden! Delicious!!
Well, I have lots of peppers in my refrigerator (thanks Kroger, $1 per red, yellow or orange pepper!!!) so, I wanted to utilize both...well, crock pot stuffed peppers! I cut everything up (including the peppers) and threw it in. Added a little garlic, chili powder, cumin, corriander, salt and pepper. I am good to go. I plan on serving it over brown rice. It was so easy. It has all of the ingredients as regular stuffed peppers, just in a different form =). I'll report back on how this turned out, pictures included!!!!

No comments:

Meijer MealBox 3